Latex Modified Concrete
Latex Modified Concrete (LMC) is a portland cement concrete in which an admixture of styrene butadiene latex particles, suspended in water, is used to replace a portion of the mixing water.
LMC has been around since the mid-60’s in the bridge deck repair industry. Its unique properties make it the ideal concrete repair product to use in conjunction with hydrodemolition, because its adhesive qualities help give it a chemical bond to the original concrete deck, along with the mechanical bond that the prepared surface with hydrodemolition will provide.
- Impervious to chemical intrusion
- Greater flexural strength than conventional concrete
- Lower water cement ratio helps reduce shrinkage cracking
- Develops exceptional bond strength when used in conjunction with hydrodemolition
- Proven to give 25 years of added life to bridge and beyond